The prepress process is a very important first step toward delivering your project exactly how you have imagined. We have two very important goals:
1. Communicate to you how your finished project will look.
2. Prepare your artwork to be reproduced efficiently and at the highest quality.
We use the Heidelberg Prinect workflow system to organize your artwork in a database structure. Artwork in the database is processed only once to reduce errors and then may be used to create multiple proofs.
Color contract proofs are producing using our Epson P9000 proofers to provide the closest possible match to the printed sheet. We also have an "uncoated" proofing calibration for our customers who want a more environmentally friendly uncoated sheet.
Imposition proofs are created to show the layout of your project. Using Signa Station imposition software, we produce full size press sheets up to 28"x40" on our SpinJet and fold them to create the best possible likeness to your finished product. Once your proof is approved, the same artwork is used to produce plates for press on our AGFA Avalon platesetter.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Quark XPress
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Macintosh Intel i7 workstations (5)
- Heidelberg Prinect Workflow
- Agfa Avalon Thermofuse CTP Platesetter
- Epson Expression 10000XL Tabloid Flatbed Scanner
- HP DesignJet Z6200 with SpinJet Duplexing for imposition proofs
- Epson P9000 contract proofers with X-Rite proof verification (2)
- Hewlett Packard CP5520 color laser printer
Download complete equipment list