The prepress process is a very important first step toward delivering your project exactly how you have imagined. We have two very important goals:
1. Communicate to you how your finished project will look; and
2. Prepare your artwork to be reproduced efficiently at the highest quality.
We use the RamPage workflow system to organize your artwork in a database structure. Artwork in the database is processed only once to reduce errors and then may be used to create multiple proofs.
Color contract proofs are producing using our ORIS color management system which calibrates our Epson 9800 to provide the closest possible match to the printed sheet. We have recently added a new "uncoated" proofing calibration for our customers who want a more environmentally friendly uncoated sheet.
Imposition proofs are created to show the layout of your project. Using Preps imposition software, we produce full size press sheets up to 28"x40" on our Epson 10000 and fold them to create the best posiible likeness to your finished product.
Once your proof is approved, the same artwork is used to produce plates for press on our AGFA Avalon platesetter. In addition to using developer free environmentally friendly plates, imaging plates directly results in less dot gain and "cleaner" images.
- Adobe Acrobat (PDF)
- Quark XPress
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Macintosh Intel Dual-Core workstations
- RamPage PDF native workflow with In-Rip trapping
- Agfa Avalon Thermofuse CTP Platesetter
- Epson Expression 10000XL Tabloid Flatbed Scanner
- Epson Stylus Pro 10000 for imposition proofs
- Epson Stylus Pro 9800 with ORIS color management for contract proofs
- Hewlett Packard 8550 color laser printer
Download complete equipment list.